Sacred Heart of Jesus School is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year.
Sacred Heart of Jesus School has limited openings available for the 2016-2017 school year.
Please contact Lisa Arnett (email@example.com or 225.383.7481) for more information.
Sacred Heart School has a rich history and a bright future!
Families have attended Sacred Heart for generations; some current students are fourth generation Tigers! Though much has changed and we embrance technology-enhanced learning and other progressive teaching methods, Sacred Heart has been a treasured Baton Rouge institution since 1929.
If you’re considering Sacred Heart School for your child’s education, consider these facts:
- SH boasts an average class size of 24 students with an overall 12:1 student/teacher ratio
- Technology supports education with the use of iPads, interactive white boards, Computer Lab and web-based educational software
- Over 1/3 of SH teachers have Master’s degrees
- All students attend Mass weekly
- Sacred Heart is easily accessible to downtown, mid-city & the Mississippi River at I-10 and I-110
- Athletics, leadership and service are encouraged through a variety of extracurricular activities
- Sacred Heart teachers spend a total of 1,650 hours improving their skills each year through professional development
“It gives me an overwhelming sense of pride and gratitude to know that four generations of my family have walked through the doors of Sacred Heart.”
Kecia Kling Campbell ’91, surrounded by her mother Mary Beth Hebert Kling ’68, father Kelly Kling ’65, and daughter Caroline Campbell ’20, holding a portrait of Joseph Hebert ’35
Would you like to see what Sacred Heart has to offer your child in person?
Contact assistant principal Cecilia Methvin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 225.383.7481.
Admissions Timeline: Winter Open House
- January 12, 2017:
Winter Open House (9 a.m. until 1 p.m.)
- January 28, 2017:
Testing for prospective new students (8:30 a.m.); Kindergarten (assigned times); Pre-K Visitation Day (assigned times)
- January 31-February 3:
Week for mailing acceptance letters
- February 17, 2017:
Registration fees and all applicable paperwork due for new students
- TBA: New Family Night (6 p.m.)
Sacred Heart is a community of faith, which shares in the teaching mission of Christ as proclaimed by the Catholic Church. Its primary purpose is to create an environment permeated with the Gospel spirit of love and freedom. Sacred Heart School provides a holistic approach to the development of each child’s potential. The prominence of a religious atmosphere provides for the development of faith that is living, conscious and active.